页面

2012年8月22日星期三

Ear infections

Ear infections

Ear infections Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board Last updated: December 2011 Highlights How can I tell whether my child has an ear infection? How common are ear infections? What causes ear infections? When should I call the doctor? How will the doctor treat my child's ear infection? What can I do to prevent ear infections? My child gets repeated ear infections. Can ear tubes help? Are ear infections ever serious? How can I tell whether my child has an ear infection? Dr. P. Marazzi/Photo Researchers, Inc Pain is the number one symptom. Your child may tell you that his ear hurts. Or, if he can't talk yet but seems cranky or is tugging at his ear, an ear infection is a definite possibility. A recent cold or sinus infection is another clue. This doesn't happen to most children, but it's a sure sign of infection. It also signals that a small hole has developed in the eardrum. As they grow to adulthood, their tubes triple in length and become more vertical, so fluid can drain more easily. When should I call the doctor?Call at the first sign of an ear infection. The doctor will need to take a look in your child's ear with an instrument called an otoscope. If it's not moving, that's one more clue that fluid is collecting in the middle ear and may be infected. 1 2 3 Previous Next Show All
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Please review the Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

没有评论:

发表评论